Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Where's Waldo, Hot Rod Sneakers, and Bang Bang on the Drums!


Following Frontline last night (KBC's youth group), we all went to Wendy's. I took Spencer, Harrison and Haley and met up with Chandler and the rest of the teenagers as Lisa had to run a quick errand. I sat down with Harrison and Haley as Spencer plopped himself down next to Chandler and Alexandra and some other teenagers from the group. The little toy in all of the kid's meals was a Where's Waldo poster that was 2D on one side and 3D on the opposite side. I took it out and put it on the floor and handed out the 3D glasses for Harrison and Haley and it was like a kid in a candy store. It drew a small crowd. Spencer was next, then Casey, Jacob, etc etc etc. They were quite excited about the 3D poster to say the least and it was a nice breath of fresh air as this toy, which will bring hours of enjoyment, isn't electronic! Hee hee. Quite hilarious and fun.

One other quick tidbit...Spencer received some new tennis shoes via our visit to Target on Friday. They are converse low-tops with flames on the side! I saw them and then prayed that they would have some in his size. Lo and behold they did! Once those babies were attached to his feet, he took off testing their speed of course. He looked straight up at me and said, "These make me really really fast!" I smiled and laughed as I told him to take off again and test the speed one more time. I absolutely love this age. Fun doesn't really describe the joy that comes from being a daddy.

I came through on my promise to Chandler. He finally decided on a drum kit. The church will house it as it is an acoustic set. We don't need to wake the dead, neighbors, etc in the neighborhood. The set journey's from Manhatten starting today. He found a used set online through Guitar Center. The shipping is cheaper than tax! Gotta love it. Beside himself doesn't describe his excitment level. What was the promise you ask? Well, as many of you know, this year has been quite trying for him and the rest of us. When he made it through 8th grade with all that went on this year, I surprised him and told him that I would buy him an acoustic set. It is going to be held in the youth room at church since that will make more sense from a sound perspective.

Stay tuned...

No comments: