Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What a great time...

One thing I continue to glean throughout the last few months is the importance of good relationships. Surrounded by people I love yesterday, I was reminded of this yet again as I enjoyed great conversations, people who I love and love me and my boys. What a blessing to have so many people who love us and want to be with us.

We pulled out the slip and slide again yesterday after feasting on ribs, sausage, portabella mushrooms, salad, stuffed jalapenos, avocado, and queso and praying for and thanking God for those who have sacrificed so much for the freedoms we most of the time take for granted.. I think we went through an entire cooler of drinks! Wow...the kids just kept coming up and grabbing drink after drink after drink. The slip and slide was quite the entertainment for all of the adults with Woody and Tracy cheering everyone on as they slid head first down the slide in the back yard. Meanwhile, the future high schoolers were all in the gameroom...well...gaming on XBox 360.

This will go down as a very memorable Memorial Day. My life has changed. It is different. Today was a great day. Thank you Lord for the people you have surrounded me with in my life. They are passionate about you, about serving others, reaching out to the hurt and lost, and flat out enjoying each other's time together. What an awesome God we serve.

No comments: