Pages

Friday, August 1, 2008

16 years old...she is growing up!


Today she is 16. It is hard to believe, but quite true. 16 years since she was born. 

When she arrived, we all had the ooglie googlies. The great part about 16 years? I still get those feelings. What a blessing. I remember her cuddling up to me and gazing up with her hypnotic eyes. She still does this today at times and it is just as special now as it was then. 

No rebellion as of yet, but I will keep my eyes peeled for the signs. I don't think it will show it's ugly head anytime soon though. She is different.

She teaches me things about myself that 16 years ago I didn't think was possible. She has even changed me and chilled me out..........some (hee hee).

And if you were to tell me that 16 years would go this quickly back then, laughing to myself would definitely be an understatement. 

She likes to drive her new (used) car that I surprised her with the other day in celebration of this occasion. It is perfect for her and I think she is still pinching herself. I loved watching her face. 

Today will be that special 16th though. How can I put into words how I feel? How she feels? How blessed am I? She wants to spend it with me!!!! No friends...just me. 16 is pretty special. Maybe not like turning 20 or even 25, but 16 is pretty big. So, I will take her to a nice dinner and then we will finish our date (b/c it is important to date her) by laughing at Radio Music Theater.

16 years...a teenager. A whole life in front of her. This is the beginning of the rest of her life. I am truly blessed to be a part of it, be an influence, and be influenced at the same time. What a responsibility. What a dream. What a magical time. These are the things people wish for and I get to live it. 





16 years. I love you, Christa. 16 years of a wonderful marriage. Thank you for saying yes to this crazy and insane idea of being with me for the rest of your life. Unfortunately, the ride doesn't stop here, it just keeps on going like the Energizer Bunny. Happy Anniversary.

What? You thought I was talking about something else?!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Mike, you are such a sweet husband. It's good to see good men like you really do exist, it gives us hopeless romantic 22 year old girls some hope :) Happy Anniversary!