Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

July 4th Week...


The next two weeks are not the most exciting in the recruiting biz. I shouldn't universalize this, but most people are pretty checked out with July 4th coming (not to mention it being on a Friday). People just don't call you back very often from cold calls until after the holiday. But, this week is not a total loss as I am setting things up for later in the month. The good part to all of this is that I chose the perfect time for training on the software and to shoot the video for my updated website (this week!). 

Following the video shoot tomorrow, I will prep a candidate for an upcoming interview and call it a week. I will go pick up my bike from Better Bikes...ala Mike Carrol's bike shop in Atascasita and hopefully head out on a short ride that afternoon. I plan on getting in some good miles in the early morning hours since we are not heading to Covington this year for the 4th.

Spencer went to Mom's Day Out yesterday. He didn't nap at all, so when he came home, he was done and had a good afternoon sleep. Chandler had a friend over so that they could thrash to the new Guitar Hero game that he rented from Blockbuster. They also went to the pool and did some front flips off the board...so I was told. 

Chandler and I went to TKD last night to train. Tuesday's are Mr. Chan days. It is amazing how different instructors can take a class to a totally different focus for the night. Mr. Chan loves the fitness aspect of TKD, so we spent the first ten minutes doing some good warm ups on the kick pads and stretching. We worked on curriculum for the next 20-30 minutes and then the last 10-15 minutes of class was all balance and leg work. Needless to say...I am quite sore this morning. It was great though and I loved every minute of it. We worked with the medicine balls, did lunges, worked the tall steps, one legged squats, and then more medicine ball work. I don't know about the rest of the 20 people there last night, but I had a puddle below my little area!
My partner, Jack Kelley, was a stud. He was quite the encouragement and support that I needed esp. with the one-legged squats.


No comments: